Partner With Us
It's simple to join the Minnesota Health Literacy Partnership.
- Health care companies, clinics and providers
- Community organizations
- Social service agencies
- Individuals interested in health literacy
Members attend monthly meetings and make decisions about programs and structure.
Members benefit from participation in monthly networking and information meetings and by sharing resources, such as websites, health education materials and training curricula. They are also linked to national efforts to improve health literacy.
Additional member benefits include:
- Invitations to special events and health literacy trainings
- Networking with both local and national experts
- Support for your organization’s health literacy efforts
By uniting in a statewide collaborative effort, partners can call attention to the challenge of low health literacy and address it in a coordinated and cost-effective fashion.
Minnesota Health Literacy Partnership members believe:
- Low health literacy affects everyone in Minnesota
- Clear communication increases patient safety
- Helping providers communicate health information in a clear and easy-to-understand manner is key to improving health literacy in Minnesota
Mission: To improve the health of all Minnesotans through clear health communication
- Train health care providers about health literacy
- Empower patients to ask for clear communication
- Share health literacy resources
Annual dues are:
- Organizations with an annual budget less than $500,000—$100
- Organizations with an annual budget between $500,000 and $5 million—$250
- Organizations with an annual budget more than $5 million—$500